PlayaBet Pros & Cons
- Many sports to bet on
- Versatile wagering markets
- Easy to deposit and withdraw funds
- You can do many things just by using SMS
- Functional mobile website
- Easy to log in and register
- The website’s UI is simple to navigate
- The website looks a bit dated
- No mobile applications
- No casino options
- M-Pesa is the only supported payment method
Sports betting is more common in Kenya than it ever was before. So you can totally expect to find many bookmakers operating in the country. They might have varying origins and handle things differently, but it’s always interesting to check out less popular ones.
PlayaBet can be such an example. It is a small platform that offers its services in Kenya. It might not have the bells and whistles of larger bookmakers, but the things it does, it does rather well.
The aim of this article is to provide a general overview of PlayaBet Kenya. We will cover what the platform can and can’t do, check its main features and bonuses, provide prediction tips, and look at the offered sports and betting options. Let’s go!
PlayaBet Key Features
The bookmaker offers many disciplines to bet on. The wagering options aren’t exactly versatile, but they will satisfy the needs of the majority of punters.
Unfortunately, the service doesn’t offer mobile apps, which is expected from a small-time bookmaker. On the other hand, you can access the mobile website, which offers all the same features, has a nice UI, and can be used from nearly any mobile smartphone.
Interface and Usability
The platform’s design is a little outdated, but the interface is intuitive and easy to navigate. You can access any function with a few clicks, and the UI is very clean. Another good point is that it’s not bloated, so you won’t be overwhelmed with buttons, and the website loads quickly.
Bonus Offers, Promotions, and Loyalty Program
Despite being a relatively small platform, PlayaBet manages to offer several bonuses and promotions that can improve the betting experience. Here are some of them.
- Bet booster. It is a standard multiple-bet boost. You can find similar bonuses at many other bookmakers. Here’s how it works: your odds will be increased for accumulators if you place more than five selections with odds of 1.33. Five lines will get you the 10% boost, while twenty will provide the 50% one.
- Loyalty promo. While the name might lead you to think that the platform offers this feature only to specific users, that’s not true. Instead, any user can take advantage of this bonus. The way it works is simple: if you wagered ten bets, the next losing one would be fully refunded as a free bet. There are additional requirements: you might wager the bonus within 7 days, the maximum odds are 2.0, and the stake can’t be withdrawn if you win. Another essential thing to mention is that the cashout and voided bets can’t be refunded as free bets or in any other way.
Is PlayaBet Legit and Safe?
Yes, the platform is reliable and holds all of the needed licenses to provide its services on a fully legal basis. We will discuss the bookmaker’s Kenyan registration in greater detail later in the article.
PlayaBet Availability in Different Countries
So far, it seems that PlayaBet offers its services solely in Kenya. This allows the company to focus on one place and provide good services fully. Still, on the other hand, you couldn’t use the platform from other countries since it requires having a valid Kenyan mobile phone number during the registration stage.
Since the service targets a Kenyan audience, the Kenyan Shilling (KES) is the only currency it supports. The system handles all of the deposits and withdrawals in KES too.
The platform only supports the English language. This shouldn’t surprise anyone since translating the websites costs money and resources and isn’t something many small companies pursue.
The bookmaker holds a valid license in Kenya issued by the local Betting Control and Licensing Board. The company went through all of the steps to receive the registration. The license number is 0000427.
Deposit and Withdrawal Methods
So far, PlayaBet only supports M-Pesa as a payment solution for depositing and withdrawing funds. Thankfully, this system is widely used and probably the most common across Kenya. Nearly any local punter has an M-Pesa account; even if they don’t, registering one would be very easy. The company claims that it will implement the support for Airtel Money in the near future.
Moreover, the bookmaker offers different methods to approach depositing and withdrawing M-Pesa. You can do both by using the M-Pesa menu or sending an SMS message. The platform processes the transactions, both incoming and outgoing, instantly. But keep in mind that sometimes it can take many minutes.
PlayaBet Sportsbook Review
While the bookmaker can offer many useful features, there’s one thing that will interest the punters the most. And it’s the betting process itself. Since PlayaBet doesn’t provide virtual games or casino options, we can expect the website to offer a lot regarding sports wagering. Now let’s see how the platform fares.
The website features a surprisingly long list of offered disciplines. We’d even say it’s quite sizable for such a smart platform. You can place your wagers on well-known games such as football, basketball, tennis, and volleyball. If you want to participate in betting on less popular disciplines, there are snooker, handball, and rugby, among many others.
The most played and watched game on the planet, soccer is also well-liked by bettors of all kinds. Every bookmaker offers the opportunity to place your wagers on this discipline, and obviously, PlayaBet wouldn’t be an exception. So far, there are many events, including live ones, and the markets are versatile, too. There are moneylines, over/unders, the option to predict the correct score, and the chance to guess half-time results.
While not reaching the levels of popularity achieved by football, basketball is still a game that fans and punters enjoy. PlayaBet provides many betting options for this game. You can place moneylines, double chances, predict the quarter winners, and place over/unders on the number of total points.
Not many betting platforms offer the chance to place a bet on snooker, so it’s refreshing to see a small bookmaker provide them. The wagering options also impress with their versatility: there are many lines, the chance to predict the correct score, and the number of century breaks by each player.
Types of Bets
As we’ve already mentioned, the betting options on the platform can surprise you with their variety. While they can be a bit too limited for specific sports and less watched events, there are still many of them to meet the needs of even the most demanding punters. Let’s check them out.
This is a simple and common betting market. You just place a bet on whether any number of points reached during the game will exceed a certain bar. This can be a football game’s total or half-time score, the number of points in basketball, or something scored only by a certain player or team. The way it works is pretty straightforward. Imagine you’re placing the “Over 2.5” bet on the football game. This means that both teams will score more than 2.5 goals during the game, so at least three. If you’re betting that the number won’t exceed a certain point, it will be called the “Under.”
This is by far the most actively used betting market. It involves predicting the result of the game, and the simplicity is quite apparent. Technically, you’re just placing a wager on the win of either team or player or on a draw.
Draw No Bet
This option is very similar in nature to the moneylines. You also have to predict the result of the game, but you can only select a winner. If the event ends in a draw, your bet will be void, and you will see your funds returned.
Both Teams to Score
Also called “BTTS” on this platform and sometimes referred to as “GG” by other bookmakers, this option simply involves predicting whether both teams or players will score at least one goal each during the game. Sometimes you can also see the option for the half-time or quarter results.
You can place wagers on the events as they happen. You can access the feature by visiting the “Live Now” tab on the platform’s menu. Such a feature can provide a more exciting betting experience with the odds that can quickly change. But remember that things can get riskier if the events take an unpredictable route.
Virtual Sports Betting
PlayaBet doesn’t provide the option to wager on virtual sports. Some punters would like to have this feature since it lets you have a quick betting experience. But otherwise, having it doesn’t affect the overall sportsbook quality.
PlayaBet Prediction Tips
At one point, many active punters start searching for ways to improve. Nothing actually prevents one from getting better at wagering, even though a great deal of luck is involved in the activity. Some tips for predictions can be helpful:
- Research betting. Learning about basics, how odds are calculated, and exciting features can significantly help.
- Get more familiar with the sport. Research its history, and learn the rules. There’s no need to be able to play it unless it’s one of the eSports, but having a good understanding of how things work can be very beneficial.
- Listen to the professionals. Follow the experts, and read the forums. The Internet gives you access to the insights of many professional punters, so don’t ignore the opportunity.
- Learn bankroll management. Set aside a sum solely for betting and plan your budget. Things can become expensive before you know it, so being prepared is better.
- Avoid high odds. The higher they are, the fewer chances to win this particular market will have. So, this will get risky, and you don’t want to involve this in your long-term strategy.
- Place small stakes. The more you place, the more you can lose. And you don’t want to lose a lot if you’re serious about wagering. Leave high stakes to the experts; they usually have a better idea of what they’re doing and have more money.
- Ignore the market if your favorite team or player will likely lose. You can follow the game and watch them play, but placing bets on the team you’re rooting for when the chances are low is unprofessional. So it’s better just to avoid the market altogether.
- Beware of addiction. This is the real issue that you should know about. If you notice unhealthy patterns and overspending, just cease all of your betting activities.
- Use bonuses. The majority of bookmakers, including PlayaBet, provide different promotions. You can take advantage of any bonus, but get familiar with the rules, terms, and conditions before.
- Track your wagering history. This one is especially important. Analyzing your history can give you a clear picture of what you do right and your weak points. It also makes it even easier to manage your budget.
These tips for predictions should improve your betting results. Some might look difficult, but it will surprise you how easy it’s to follow them.
Live Streaming Options
The bookmaker doesn’t provide any live-streaming services, which is totally expected from the small-time bookmaker since buying streaming licenses costs a lot of money. So, no judgment!
If you have any issues, you can contact the customer care service of the platform. There are several ways to do so, including social media accounts and a phone helpline. Let’s check the options for contacting customer care.
PlayaBet might not be very well known, but this growing platform has great potential. It offers a decently sized list of sports to bet on and exciting betting markets and live wagering. The withdrawal and deposit methods consist of M-Pesa only, but it is a prevalent payment system in Kenya, so it should not be a problem for most punters. In addition, you can use both the menu and the SMS services to move your funds, which can be helpful if you don’t own a smartphone.
Our article covered everything one might need to know about this platform. The text mainly targets newcomers and those considering joining the website, but there’s a chance that the regulars will learn something new too. If you want to know more about the bookmaker, we have other articles that describe several features of the platform in greater detail.
|15.000 KES – 100%||Yes||Yes|
The PlayaBet registration process is a quick one. Here are the steps:
- Visit the website.
- Click the “Register” button on the top right part of the screen.
- Enter your mobile phone number.
- Create a four-digit PIN.
- Confirm it by reentering.
- You can optionally add a referral code.
- Tick the box confirming that you’re over 18.
- All done!
The Playabet sign-in process consists of a few steps:
- Go to the website.
- Click or tap the “Login” button.
- Enter your phone number.
- Input your four-digit PIN code.
- All done.