OdiBets Pros and Cons
- Many wagering options
- Some games to play
- Feature-packed Android app
- Well-designed mobile website
- Live betting feature
- SMS wagering feature
- The UI isn’t intuitive and is a bit outdated
- Not many sports to bet on
- No iPhone app
- M-Pesa is the only payment option
- No bonuses
Are you on the lookout for less-known and niche bookmakers in Kenya? Don’t worry; we’ve got you covered. Here’s Odibets, a small but exciting betting platform. It might not be the most versatile in terms of offered features and capabilities, but you can still find it enjoyable.
In the text below, we will provide detailed information about OdiBets Kenya. You can learn a lot from this article, from the platform’s main features to its betting markets and ways to move funds. We will also list prediction tips that can help you improve.
OdiBets Key Features
OdiBets mainly focuses on betting on a few sports. You can also enjoy virtual games and some slots, but these options are relatively minimal. The platform also features an Android application and mobile website, which we found quite functional, so you shouldn’t worry about a complete smartphone-optimized betting experience.
Free bet for registration
Interface and Usability
The website offers a minimalist interface that’s a little bit outdated. However, it still looks good in our opinion, although some things are far from intuitive: button placements differ from what we’re used to seeing on other bookmakers, and sometimes not in a good way. Nevertheless, it’s easy to navigate the website, and you can still access all the needed features with a few clicks.
We found the mobile versions, both the app and the website, more convenient than the desktop variant. While they all look similar, the placement of buttons and many patterns just work better on a smartphone. There’s also the Lite version, which we didn’t find much different from the regular one.
Bonus Offers, Promotions, and Loyalty
The platform offers many bonuses to its users. Let’s take a look at some of them.
- A free bet welcome bonus. Here’s how it works: you register and receive a free bet worth 30 KES, which is very pleasant.
- Early Bird Bonus. Every Monday, you can place a wager of at least 50 KES with odds of 1.5 and more. Some of the first 10,000 punters of the day will receive a bonus of 50 KES. The winners are chosen randomly.
- OdiBets Isiku Sacco Bonus. This one works similarly to the previous promotion, but the winners are chosen among the last 10,000 players of the day.
- The cashback bonus. This one also works as a free bet. If you lose your first bet of the day, the platform will return a free bet.
- Free first deposit of the day. In this case, the platform covers your deposit charges when you move the funds onto the platform’s account for the first time of the day.
There’s also a loyalty scheme called “ODI points.” If you want to learn how to redeem OdiBets points online, we have a separate article on the matter. But to keep things short, you should place bets on the games with high odds and get the points you can exchange for free bets.
Is OdiBets Legit and Safe?
This online platform is legit and reliable; it’s definitely not a scam. It has all of the needed licenses to provide its services in Kenya. A functional Android app also indicates that the service is legit with the team behind it.
Availability in Different Countries
OdiBets targets exclusively Kenyan residents, which is a normal practice among small sportsbooks: operating only in one country can cut costs and be more profitable in the long run since it requires fewer resources for development and marketing.
Since the platform only works in Kenya, it only takes Kenyan shillings (KES). We wouldn’t expect the bookmaker to accept other currencies unless they expand into other countries in the future.
The platform only supports the English language. We didn’t find any options to switch languages. So far, this seems logical for a beginner in the betting market: English is the most spoken language in the world, and you don’t have to pay to adapt the interface to the non-widespread ones.
OdiBets works in Kenya on a fully legal basis. The National Betting Control and License Board has provided it with the registration: the number is 0000410. The fact that there’s an official registration makes it clear that the platform has to act in accordance with specific local requirements and that it went through all of the steps needed to get a license.
Deposit and Withdrawal Methods
M-Pesa is the only payment method you can use on the platform. It works for both depositing and withdrawing. The paybill number is 290680. You can handle the deposits through the M-Pesa menu, while the withdrawal function also allows you to move the funds via SMS.
OdiBets Sportsbook Review
The betting process itself is the most crucial aspect of any bookmaker. You can like the platform’s UI, apps, and payment options, but it all won’t matter if the odds are bad, the markets are dull, and you cannot find your preferred discipline in the list. Let’s check what OdiBets offers.
The platform doesn’t provide a long list of sports, but again, it’s totally expected from a small-time local bookmaker. Moreover, you can still place your bets on widely played games, so the majority of punters will meet their needs. You can bet on football, basketball, rugby, tennis, and ice hockey.
The platform regularly features basketball games. The list of offered markets includes many different options: aside from regular moneylines, over/unders, and Draw No Bet, you can guess total point range and winning margin as well as partake in wagering on handicaps.
You can find betting on soccer as an option on any bookmaker out there. People from all around the world enjoy watching, playing, and wagering on this game. Kenya isn’t an exception, and OdiBets obviously allows you to place bets on this sport. The platform offers many events to select from, including small local ones and large championships.
The wagering options can also impress: you can guess the correct score, place Draw No bets, and place half-time predictions. The bookmaker obviously offers more standard markets like moneylines, over/unders, and odd/evens.
Tennis might not reach the levels of popularity of soccer and basketball in regards to betting, but it would be foolish to underestimate the importance of the game. Apart from standard options, you can also place bets on more specific ones, such as guessing the correct score or a set winner.
Free bet for registration
Types of Bets
OdiBets isn’t a large platform, but it still manages to impress with the sheer amount of betting options it provides. If you get tired of more standard solutions, you can pick one of the more interesting and specific markets and make the process more exciting. Let’s take a look at the offered options.
This is a standard option you can find for any sport, event, and on every platform. What’s the reason? Well, it’s just the simplicity: you only have to guess the game’s outcome. The options include a win of either team or a player or a draw. And that’s it.
Draw No Bets
This option works nearly the same way as moneylines do but with a simple twist: if the event ends in a draw, the bet will be voided, and your funds will be returned.
Another standard option: simply predict whether the score of the game will go beyond a set number. This can be anything, from a total score to a partial one. The number of scores in games like basketball is another example. It’s “Over” when you place the bet on the score exceeding a set point, and it’s “Under” when you’re wagering that it won’t.
This refers to betting that a team will win without the opposing one scoring any goals or points. On OdiBets, this market usually looks like “The Winning Team Name + Clean Sheet.”
This feature allows you to place bets on ongoing games. In this case, the odds get more flexible and might change over the course of events. In some cases, this can get riskier than regular wagering, but it also makes the overall experience more interesting. Still, this is a relatively safe option and is very common among punters with different experience levels.
Virtual Sports Betting
You are also given a chance to place your wagers on virtual sports at the bookmaker. The platform refers to them as “eSoccer, eBasketball,” and so on. The virtuals can be a fun activity that doesn’t take much time; it’s best suitable for those who can see their winnings immediately.
OdiBets Prediction Tips
Do you feel like you aren’t progressing in your skills? Or maybe your betting results are worse than you expected? While wagering is mainly luck-based, this activity also involves a great deal of skill, and we can’t say that professional punters are successful only due to their luck. So there’s no need to worry; we got you covered. Below is a list of tips and recommendations to improve your betting results.
- Get familiar with the sport. The games have different rules; in some cases, those are simple, such as in football or basketball. They can be more complex in others, like chess, golf, and eSports. Get familiar with it. Learning more about the game in general, such as its history and essential moments, can also be beneficial.
- Keep up with current events. While knowing the history is very helpful, understanding recent things better is crucial. Things change all the time, so it’s better to keep track of the events currently happening. Check whether the teams or players you plan to bet on perform at their best.
- Follow professional tips. A lot of experts share their knowledge online and for free. Don’t hesitate to listen to them and note things. There are also many forums where you can find a lot of useful information on the matter.
- Manage your funds. Financial literacy is important in many aspects of life, but in betting, things can get expensive if you don’t keep them under control. Set aside a budget and plan your daily, weekly, and monthly spending.
- Don’t stake big sums. We can call this a continuation of the previous tips, but it’s essential to mention. You lose more than you can afford this way.
- Avoid accumulators. Multiple bets might be exciting but are also inherently riskier than single ones. “Avoid” would be too strong of a word since placing them from time to time wouldn’t hurt anybody. But it’s better not to make them a part of your long-term strategy if you want to see profits.
- Track your wagering history. Nearly all of the bookmakers would allow you to check your previous bets. Use this data to analyze how you’re playing to find ways to improve your strategy and cut costs.
Live Streaming Options
Unfortunately, OdiBets doesn’t directly stream videos of the games. Although, if you’re visiting the “Live” tab, you will have a simplified animation of the game that will make it easier for you to follow the course of the event. Combine that with the in-play wagering and the cashout feature, and you can get an immersive live experience.
OdiBets Customer Care
The platform does not have the widest list of offered ways to contact its customer support. For example, there’s no live chat feature. But you have other ways to communicate with the helpline. The workers will help you solve your issues and will answer your questions.
Free bet for registration
OdiBets is a small, not-so-well-known Kenyan bookmaker. But make no mistake; this platform can surprise you with its features and provide an excellent wagering experience.
In this review, we described everything one might want to know about the website, from the list of sports and betting options to the payment solutions, from its UI to customer care. Moreover, we also provided prediction tips that can be applied to other platforms and many different disciplines as well.
This article might benefit users who are considering joining the platform and newcomers. If you’re unsure or want to learn more about the platform, you can read our other texts about OdiBets.
If you want to learn how to join OdiBets online, here are the steps for the registration process:
- Go to the website.
- Click the “Join Now” button. You can find it in the top right corner of the screen.
- Enter your phone number.
- Come up with a password.
- Reenter it to confirm.
- Provide the referral code if you have one.
- Tick the box, agreeing that you’re familiar with the T&C and over 18 years old.
- Click the “Create Account” button.
Here’s what you have to do in order to sign into your account on the platform:
- Go to the website.
- Click or tap the “Login” button.
- Input your phone number.
- Enter the password.
- Click “Log in.”
- All done.
If you forgot your password, you can restore the access to your account. Here are the steps:p>
- Go to the website.
- Click the “Login” button.
- Go to the “Forgot Password?” option.
- Enter the phone number associated with your account.
- Receive the verification code.
- Enter your new password.
- Congratulations, you can use your account again.