22Bet Pros & Cons
- Many sports to bet on
- A long list of casino options
- Feature-packed apps for iOS and Android
- Fully functional mobile website
- Different betting markets
- Translated into many languages, including Kiswahili
- You can cash out the funds before the game is over; the bookmaker calls it the “Bet Slip Sale” feature
- Has a Kenyan license
- The desktop’s website has an outdated UI
- Limited betting options for some events and sports; the wide variety can only be found for the popular ones
The Kenyan betting market includes local, regional, and international bookmakers. The competition is stiff, but it’s always interesting to check out some of the sportsbooks and closely examine their features. 22Bet hasn’t been on the market in the country for a long time, as some of its competitors have, but it’s an established platform that can offer a lot to its users.
The aim of this review is to describe everything related to 22Bet Kenya in detail. We will cover the platform’s advantages and disadvantages, its UI, availability in various countries, betting markets, and withdrawal and deposit features. We will also list helpful prediction tips and answer the most common questions. Let’s start!
22Bet Key Features
22Bet is among the platforms that we call all-in-one bookmakers. This means the website tries to do everything: offer a long list of sports, helpful apps, versatile casino options, etc. It makes the service very flexible in its ability to meet the demands of various kinds of punters.
Interface and Usability
The platform’s desktop website looks a bit dated, but it doesn’t hinder its usability; it’s very intuitive and easy to navigate. The toolbar on the upper part of the screen provides access to all of the needed features, while the menu on the left allows you to choose sports to wager on or casino games to gamble on.
The applications (offered for both iOS and Android) and the mobile website look much more modern and nicer and are also quite accessible. They offer the same number of features you can use on the desktop version but pack them all into a neat UI. Moreover, the apps load quickly.
Bonus Offers, Promotions, and Loyalty
As can be expected from a platform of this size, there are many bonuses to attract new users and motivate the regulars to stay or bet more actively. Let’s take a look at some of them.
- A welcome offer. This works essentially as the first deposit bonus. After registration, put at least 125 KES on your balance. The sum will be 100% matched (up to 15,000 KES) and moved onto your account. Additional requirements include that you have to wager it within 7 days and that the cryptocurrency deposits aren’t applied.
- First deposit bonus for the casino. This offer works like the previous one but can only be used for casino slots. The sum will be matched up to 35,000 KES.
- Friday Reload. This 22Bet bonus is for regulars. On Fridays, make a deposit and get it matched up to 12,000 KES. To withdraw it, wager it three times on accumulators within 24 hours. They must include at least three selections with odds higher than 1.4.
- 8% cashback. Place bets during the week. At the end of it, you will receive a free bet with the sum equal to 8% of your total weekly wagered amount.
- Accumulator of the day. The service selects interesting accumulators in markets with high chances of winning. If you place your wagers on them and your choice wins, your returns will be boosted by 10%.
Is 22Bet Legit and Safe?
Yes, the platform has been on the market for quite some time and usually holds the license in the countries where it provides the services. Established in 2017, the bookmaker has since gained enough reputation; we consider it reliable and legit.
22Bet Availability in Different Countries
This bookmaker is an international platform, so the list of countries where it offers its services isn’t small. The website is accessible in many places, although there are restricted ones: the countries where the governments directly prohibit online betting. China and Turkey are among such places.
The platform supports many currencies of the countries where it offers services. This includes USD, Euro, and Nigerian Naira. Kenyan Shilling (KES) is the only option to select when visiting the Kenyan version of the website.
You can select the language to use for navigating the platform. The list is pretty impressive: there are many European and Asian languages, including less common ones such as Georgian, Kazakh, and Greek. Of course, widely spoken ones are also offered, such as English, Spanish, Russian, and German. And what’s important is that there is Kiswahili, the official language of Kenya.
The bookmaker holds an official license in Kenya. It allows the sportsbook to offer its services on a fully legal basis. Thus, we may expect a certain level of reliability and legitimacy from the platform in Kenya.
Deposit and Withdrawal Methods
22Bet is an international platform, so the versatility of its payment options shouldn’t surprise anybody as it is based on the availability and popularity of the service. Obviously, the list of options differs significantly depending on the country.
The bookmaker in Kenya supports only M-Pesa and Airtel Money, two commonly used mobile payment systems in the country. These methods work for depositing and withdrawing purposes.
22Bet Sportsbook Review
We’ve already described many crucial things about how the platform works. Now, let’s take a look at probably the most important aspect: the sportsbook itself and betting features.
The number of disciplines offered at the 22Bet sportsbook is impressive. It has everything to please all punters: from well-known games such as football or basketball to less common ones like keirin or snooker. eSports are also offered on the website, mainly consisting of CS: GO.
Being the most actively played game in the world, football is the sport you can find on any wagering platform, and this includes 22Bet. There are options to place your bets on moneylines, over/unders, and double chances. Other markets involve predicting the correct score of the game, the number by which any team will win, and even the digits included in the final score’s number.
You are also given a chance to place your bets on basketball on the platform. The sport might not reach football’s level of popularity, but there are still enough events to try your luck. The list of offered markets consists of handicaps, moneylines, and over/unders. You can also guess the exact number of points and whether there will be an overtime.
Wagering on tennis is available on the platform as well. There are many events, but the list of offered options is similar to what you can find for other disciplines: moneylines, handicaps, over/unders, and double chances. More specific ones include betting on the number of tie breaks that will appear during the game and predicting the final score.
Types of Bets
22Bet features a large number of wagering options. Although some of the biggest competitors can offer even more impressive markets, this wouldn’t be a fair comparison. Still, the options that the platform provides are quite good. Let’s check them out.
Historically, it’s the most common betting market. These wagers involve predicting the outcome of the game: a win by either player or a team or a draw. This simplicity is the main reason for the market’s popularity.
Another widely used wagering market. This is how it works: you simply place a bet on whether the total score of the game (or any other total number) will go beyond a certain point. For example, in football, placing a wager on “Over 3.5” will mean that the total number of goals scored by both teams will be at least 4 for the bet to be a winning one.
In this case, one of the teams or a player, usually a weaker one, gets a virtual advantage over another. For example, the system already considers that they scored two goals, making it more difficult for the other team to overcome to win.
Both Teams to Score
Some other bookmakers refer to this market as “GG,” but the 22Bet’s description is more clear. Nothing is surprising about how it works: it just involves both opposing teams scoring at least one goal each for the bet to win. For individual-based sports, it would work the same way, “Both Players to Score.”
The bookmaker allows you to place wagers on the exact score the game will end up with. The service often offers high odds for this market, but we’d recommend staying away from it unless you’re an experienced punter who knows a lot about the game and the teams playing. It’s just way too risky, so we would recommend sticking with the smaller stakes, if you’re interested in this market.
This feature is also sometimes called “in-play betting.” It allows the punter to place a wager on the event as it’s happening. This is a way to get a more exciting experience featuring constantly changing odds, which gets even more thrilling if the game takes a more unpredictable turn.
Virtual Sports Betting
The bookmaker allows you to place your bets on virtual sports. These games are entirely simulated and can become a great way to place quick wagers and check the returns in no time. The offered disciplines consist mostly of football, motorsports, and horse racing.
22Bet Prediction Tips
There are strategies and recommendations to improve your betting chances. They don’t work as a magic button that won’t quickly solve all of your issues and make your predictions 100% correct all the time. Why? First, that’s because betting is mainly based on luck, and even though a lot of skill is involved, sometimes, many things can happen that are totally out of your control. The second reason is that you will have to put in soe work and be disciplined for those recommendations to work.
If you’re totally okay with the idea that many things will mainly depend on your luck and are ready to put in some work, read these tips and try to improve your wagering results.
- Follow the sport you’re planning to bet on. Get closely familiar with the game. Learn its rules, history, and many other essential things. You don’t have to play it unless it’s an eSport, but knowing the basics and even more will help tremendously. Some games have simple rules, the others – not so much. The simplicity doesn’t equal being easy to predict, but at least it will allow you to understand the sport in a shorter time better.
- Keep up with the events. Depending on the exact sport, things may change rather quickly. Teams and players aren’t always as good as they were during the last large championship or the previous season. They can also improve their skills rapidly. So staying on top of recent events will be a way to avoid many mistakes.
- Set a budget and plan your bankroll. Betting can become an expensive hobby, so keep this in mind. Setting aside a certain amount that will go solely to this activity is a good way to prevent overspending.
- Place small stakes. Don’t risk a lot of money; since betting small will go a long way. Even the professionals rarely stake big sums on a single event since it’s not a viable long-term strategy.
- Don’t place all your bets on accumulators. Multiple bets, including accumulators, system ones and combo wagers, can provide big returns and a lot of excitement. But they are still much more risky than single bets, so it’s better to avoid them unless you’re an experienced punter.
- Avoid high odds. The higher the betting odds, the fewer chances the market has to win. So don’t make betting on high ones a part of your long-term strategy. Be patient and place wagers only on the outcomes with higher chances of winning.
- Listen to the experts. The widespread usage of the Internet made online betting much more accessible. It also provides quick access to a lot of information. For example, you can read many things from professionals sharing their knowledge online. Listen to them, follow them on social media, and read online discussions. That will help you understand things much better; sometimes, you may even receive helpful tips for exact cases.
- Avoid gambling addiction. The issue is real and widespread, so stop betting if you develop addictive habits. It’s just not worth it. Call the helpline, and ask the betting platform to close your account. Unfortunately, if you have an addictive personality, to begin with, it’s better to abandon wagering at all.
- Analyze your betting history. Many things can be done that can help you get a better understanding of your style. By tracking your wagering activity, you can quickly discover your strong moments and weak points and learn how to improve the latter.
These tips may help you get better at predictions and avoid some of the most common mistakes. Ensure you follow them and get rid of unhealthy patterns in advance: don’t overspend or develop an addiction. We would say that the “Analyze your betting history” tip is one of the most important since it allows you to clearly understand your wagering patterns and is also a helpful way to check if you’re overspending your money.
Live Streaming Options
While the website doesn’t provide an option to watch any video stream directly, you can still find a nice animation demonstrating how the game is going after visiting the “Live” tab. This way, you will have a helpful visual representation for placing live bets, even though it’s not as exciting as a video stream.
Customer Support Service
The platform features good customer care services, but there are things to improve. For example, the number of communication channels is rather limited. Ideally, we would love to see more ways to contact customer care. But let’s check what we can work with.
22Bet is a reliable platform that’s actively used for a reason. Well, for multiple ones, to be honest. It’s easy to navigate and offers many things to Kenyan players, including various deposit and withdrawal methods, a long list of sports, and applications for both iOS and Android.
Our article covered everything one needs to know about 22Bet and can be very helpful for newcomers and those considering joining the bookmaker. Moreover, even the regulars may find something new in this text since we’ve described all of the main aspects in detail.
If you still want to learn more about 22Bet, we have other reviews that will provide a closer look at some of the website’s functions.
The 22Bet registration process consists of a few steps. Here are them:
- Find the “Register” button on the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on it.
- Enter your phone number.
- Come up with a password and confirm it.
- Enter the promo code if you have one.
- Confirm the PIN you will receive after clicking the “Send SMS” button.
- All done.
If, for some reason, you don’t want to download it, there’s a perfectly functional mobile website that has all of the same features that you can find in the apps or on the desktop.